For best experience we recommend OSX 12 (Monterey).
OSX 11 (Big Sur) required.
- Pin applications:
- You can now add pins to the applications list so that pinned applications are always displayed first. To pin/unpin an application, press the pinning button in the application column header.
- Minimized windows list: Display minimized windows on
same column as active windows.
- To activate this feature, go to Preferences -> Windows -> Minimized Windows -> “Show panel with minimized windows under active windows”.
- Improved animations and fonts.
- Added default title for windows that have no title.
- Fixed some issues with updating the state of the windows.
- Minimize and zoom windows. Available in the thumbnail header and the context menu.
- Show windows from all displays in all Switch Center screens (Preferences > Windows > Screens > Screens have separate windows).
- Move windows between screens.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts (Preferences > Keyboard).
- Interactive thumbnails zoom:
- Zoom in (Command + Plus)
- Zoom out (Command + Minus)
- Reset zoom (Command + Zero)
- Improved the UI contrast (widgets content).
- Improved the aspect ratio of the small toolbar. Toolbar size goes over the notch size.
- Fixed padding of widgets text.
- Removed toolbar separator if only the clock widget is displayed.
- Quotes widget location is now displayed to the right by
- Fixed some bugs that caused the UI to freeze at times.
- Disabled maximize all windows when no windows are available.
- Some dialogs were not present in Switch Center.
- Some OSX panel “windows” were appearing in SwitchCenter.
- Some windows were not closing properly (e.g. Discord).
- When applications are “hidden” windows are now removed from SwitchCenter.
- SwitchCenter now supports transparent background. To enable, go to Settings -> Appearance -> Transparent background.
- The background can also be fully removed (cleared). This would enable users to interact with the host windows while SwitchCenter is displayed. To enable, go to Settings -> Appearance -> Clear background.
- Switch Center app would not appear in “Screen Recording” list (Preferences -> Accessibility -> Screen Recording).
- Some windows would still appear in SwitchCenter after the windows were closed.
- Today’s quote is now displayed to the right by default.
- Cannot change “Today’s focus” message.
- Added toggles for automatic updates (checking and downloading) in Settings menu.
- Some “accessory” applications and dialogs are not appearing (e.g. System Information).
- Sometimes, in full-screen some additional, very tall thumbnails are appearing.
- Added the ability to select windows by using the keyboard arrow keys.
- Added a thin blue border around the thumbnail of the main active window.
- You can now change UI the appearance from settings (auto / dark / light).
- Fixed app restart and shutdown when usage collection is disabled.
- Disabled “funk” sound when key pressed.
- Fixed display issues on Big Sur.
- Fixed email validation issues on Big Sur.
- Name and email address are now optional. You can use SwitchCenter without having to provide any of them.
- Added positioning to Today’s Quote widget. This is also useful to avoid the quote being displayed under the notch.
- Switch Center is now backwards compatible with “Big Sur” and up (OSX 11.0).
- Added vertical separators between toolbar widgets.
- “Server Status” health-check message in “Preferences …” is now working.
- Fixed light color scheme input colors.
- Updated quotes list.
- Fixed wallpaper not rendered correctly on first run.
- Fixed Settings window issues.
- Fixed Welcome screen Accessibility issues.
- Fixed “launch at login” feature.
- Hello world!
- This release contains the initial Minimum Viable features.
- It’s the beginning of a long beautiful journey.